Dear Diary is looking for a store manager to join their leadership team. The ideal candidate has several years of coffeeshop experience, and has managed a team before.
As employee #1 of this new business, the store manager will build and train their dream team, plan pre-launch events, and work with the owners toward the grand opening. Post-launch, the store manager will oversee day-to-day operations.
- Building a team
- Setting goals, driving results
- Establishing standards, training staff
- Holding the team accountable
- Delivering a great customer experience
- Maintaining a culture of kindness
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Developing Dear Diary’s social media presence
- Scheduling baristas
- Managing inventory, procurement
- Money handling, deposits
- Recommending improvements, sharing ideas
- Working barista shifts
This role may be perfect for you if
- You have a strong sense of what makes a coffeeshop successful, and ideas for how one should be run
- You are a good communicator. Your team can rely on you to set clear expectations, and stand by them
- You find that you get along with people easily, and genuinely enjoy working alongside your staff
- You are a self-starter and take pride in your work
- You are able to see people’s potential and talent, know how to play to their strengths, and can sense what motivates them
- You always have your team’s back; they can count on you to be honest with them when things aren’t quite right. And you are okay with having those hard conversations with difficult customers too.
- You love coffee, and like nerding out about roasts and brews.
Hours and compensation
This is a full-time, salaried position. Starting base salary is negotiable.
About Dear Diary
Dear Diary is a small shop (about 950ft2) on the first floor of a condo. It’s located right at 1212 Chicon, right next to a Lagree (pilates) studio and across from the future site of Cheer Up Charlies.
Dear Diary’s menu is 100% plant based. The shop will start off with a selection of pastries and grab-and-go lunch options, and will adjust with customer demand. A selection of beers will be served on tap.
Dear Diary’s mission is to bring the creative community together. The shop offers unique amenities for artists and writers: art supply retail, a community diary library, and a rotating art show.
Interested in this role?
Dear Diary is accepting store manager and barista applications.